I’m one of those people; I like Marmite. I didn’t start eating it until after visiting Scotland in 2016. TC and I bought a jar for the Finder Man as a joke gift. One day, I opened the unassuming little jar in the pantry to give it a whirl. Lo and behold, it’s actually great on Outside the Breadbox toast. This recipe makes enough for one person.
Modified from Nigella Lawson
- 1/2 lb GF pasta (I used Tinkyada brown rice shells)
- Water to cook the pasta
- Save 1 cup of this water once the pasta is cooked
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Marmite (or to taste)
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Parsley to garnish
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Set the pasta aside and put the pot back on the stove.
- Over medium heat, melt the coconut oil then saute the garlic in the melted oil until starting to brown.
- Deglaze the pot with about half a cup of pasta water.
- Add the pasta and Marmite and stir to mix.
- Add more water until desired consistency is achieved and the pasta is coated.
- Remove from heat, plate, and serve with pepper and parsley.
I sprinkled some Rawmesan on top, which is just nooch with almond meal and sunflower seeds. Nutritional yeast overload!